Don't forget this blog is also available to view on your phone so you can read this anywhere you are and you can now also share any pages and posts that you like on Twitter or Facebook.

Sunday, 17 July 2011

Chapter 5: Marry YOU !?!


It had been over a week since Mick had moved in and we hadn’t talked or mentioned when he tried to kiss me, and had been going to the gym a lot, most of it was Mick’s idea, I think he wanted to thrust his frustration about what happened into his workouts. This particuar workout had been very long so much so that we had stayed the whole night and the sun was starting to rise, he decided to join me as he joked that the treadmills were easier, but as he had always worked out to build his upper body he wasn’t as experienced as me at running.
But I had to hand it to him his upper body was definitely something to look at. We stopped working out and were both sweating like pigs.
“Phew. That was a really hard workout” he said, I could only master a nod.
“I know, look no one’s here why don’t we go skinny dipping in the pool upstairs.” He said with a slight smirk on his face.
I wasn’t too sure but as I was the type of person who’d never turn down a dare I accepted. I stood up and slid of my skirt and made a run for the stairs.
We got to the pool and stripped I put a clip in my hair to make sure I wouldn’t get any in my face or eyes while I swam. By now the adrenalin rush and cold water had woken our bodies up and refreshed us from our all night workout. It wasn't long before we were giggling like a couple of naughty school children and frolicking in the pool and splashing each other.
We climbed out and I don’t know what it was, maybe it was the adrenalin rush, or seeing Mick, like all of Mick, for the first time, I don’t know, but I kissed him, and then he kissed me back pulling me into a deeper hugging kiss. There were windows everywhere even next to the pool so everyone looking in our direction would of seen us but I didn’t care I was enjoying the moment, jusgt being with Mick.
We grabbed our clothes and run to the changing rooms to get dressed. After we were dressed Mick decided he wanted to treat me to breakfast so we left the gym and jumped in his car. As I sat next to Mick I put my arm around his as he drove and rested my head on his shoulder. For the first time in my life I felt secure and safe, this was definitely more than an adrenalin rush or seeing Mick in his birthday suit.
The only place open that early was a 70’s retro diner, so we had breakfast there. We sat in a booth and ate our food without taking our eyes off each other and played footsies under the table. When we finished Mick paid the waitress and we left. As we were on our way to the car Mick stopped me and got down on one knee and pulled out an engagement ring.
“I’ve been carrying this around for a few weeks now, from the moment I first saw you I knew Ii wanted to marry you. I must admit I have been unsure about whether to ask you or not, but after today I know you love me. So will you marry me?” he asked.
I froze, I felt as if all eyes were on me, I was too shocked to say anything, and Mick just stayed there on one knee with the ring looking at me devotedly.
I shook my head.
“I’m sorry, I’m so sorry I’d love to say yes but my answer’s no. I just feel as if we are rushing things” I replied.
I felt guilty, here he was sharing his emotions, showing how he cared, it was what any girl would want but I just couldn’t say yes. He looked as if I pulled out his heart and stamped on it. He closed the box and stood back up. He looked on like he was on the urge to break down and cry. I decided it would be best if I drove home.
When we got home there was complete silence and by the time dinner rolled around neither of us had said anything, I was too embarrassed and Mick was too depressed. I decided to make dinner.
“Do you want any dinner?” I asked.
Mick just shook his head. He really didn’t want to talk to me, now I was starting to feel depressed. I made myself dinner and Mick curled up on the sofa and went to sleep early. As I ate I started to think more about the proposal, we actually know each other quite well and have been friends for ages, I was only looking at the time we had spent as a couple, but as I thought more about it I began to wonder what was so wrong about us getting engaged or married, although I didn’t like the name Charice Situp, I liked the name Mick Temple.
I went to the draw and found the most alluring underwear I could find, and then while Mick was asleep I reached in his pocket and took the box with the ring in it. I quickly ruffled my hair and tried to look as skimpy and sexy as I could, before waking Mick up. He was a bit shocked to see me like that and I grabbed his hand and pulled him off the sofa.
I got down on one knee and using the ring he had brought for me I proposed to him.
“I hope you don’t mind but I had to borrow your engagement ring. I was stupid for saying no, although we haven’t known been with each other romantically for long we have been friends for longer, and I can’t think of anyone that makes me feel the way you do or anyone who I’d like to spend my life with, please don’t say the wrong thing like me, say yes” I said.
Mick was in shock.
“Well if you’re going to use the ring I brought then I suppose I better say yes” he finally said.
I stood up and he put the ring on my finger, then we sat down and started making out on the sofa. I knew we had made the right decision even if others thought against it. At that moment we were happy, we were in love.

~End of Chapter~

No comments:

Post a Comment